- Horticultural responsibilities including flower bed maintenance, removing dead flowers, ensuring the beds are well presented. Floral tributes are used during services and should be kept to a high standard.
- General gardening requirements, seeding, planting and cutting.
- Use of garden machinery as required, planting and hand tools. As the Head of Grounds Maintenance, you will also be responsible for arranging services for this equipment when needed.
- Assisting with cleaning and preparation of internal areas such as the service chapel and adjoining rooms to a high standard as these will be used by visitors during services.
- Act as a pall bearer when needed, in assistance with other members of staff. Take part in cremation services including the scattering of ashes.
- Due to the nature of the services offered, the individual must show care and understanding, as well as being respectful towards visitors.
- Operation of cremators and associated equipment (training provided).
- Administration responsibilities such as documenting, processing enquiries, using IT systems.
- Salary: £21,000 per annum
- Full-time: Starting as early as 8am and finishing as late as 6pm