Our client are the leader in innovative software and service solutions to the multi-billion-pound cable and wire manufacturing industry worldwide. They are a truly global company with over 95% a customer-base located outside of the UK.
Due to growth, they are now looking for an individual with hands on commercial experience as well as software development knowledge. You are a Java developer, focused on quality coding and always striving to work to the best of your ability, taking pride in your work. You have excellent communications and interpersonal skills with a positive and enthusiastic approach to new challenges. You are always interested in how development can be done better, learning new skills and new methodologies, keeping yourself up to date with advances, new languages and concepts.
The successful candidate will be a member of the support team, responsible for the development and support the businesses software products.
Joining this company at this time will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to be involved in the support and development of our products and to further develop the many exciting services we wish to offer this customers.
- Technical background with a good degree in IT, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Exposure to a high pressure working environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work closely and develop professional relationships with customers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm, commitment, motivated self-starter, and team player.
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution
- Proven working experience in software development, software technical support, IT support or as a technical engineer
- Knowledge and experience in object orientated programming techniques, with a background in Java development and design.
- Good working knowledge of relational database principles and SQL language
- Understanding of Agile, CI, TDD, BDD environment would be advantageous