A pioneering, global organisation is looking to appoint at Software Developer for their head offices in Conwy. With a workforce of over 5000, they are now looking for a talented and conscientious individual to join their established team.
The Software Developer will be responsible for application development for products that are part of the New Ventures Suite.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for improving and supporting existing software offerings and providing second and third line support in conjunction with the User Support team.
It is also expected that the candidate will be involved in developing and maintaining libraries, shared components and technologies, as well as participate in design discussions and support the wider development and deployment projects.
The ideal candidate will be educated to BSc or equivalent level in Computer Science or another related discipline with an emphasis on programming, with a minimum of 5 years’ demonstrable hands on programming experience using VB.NET or C# and demonstrable experience of the full software development life cycle (design & architecture through to support).
The candidate will also have the below experience:
- Working in a Windows/.NET based environment on desktop application development utilising APIs and asynchronous programming
- Working with enterprise databases (e.g. Oracle/MS, SQL Server)
- Debugging and testing (unit testing is desirable)
- Source control management software (e.g. GIT) and IDEs (e.g. Visual Studio)
- Experience of using project management / issue tracking / documentation software (e.g. Jira/Confluence)